Situational Awareness & Surviving an Active Shooter Event
All Dahlonega-Lumpkin County residents can help prevent and prepare for potential active shooter situations. The City of Dahlonega & Lumpkin County aim to enhance community preparedness through cohosting a Situational Awareness & Surviving an Active Shooter Event.
The event will be held at Lumpkin County High School on January 28, 6:30 PM – 8 PM. The event is open to the public and all interested parties are encouraged to attend. The key points of discussion are listed below.
- Do you know what an Active Shooter/Active Killer is?
- Do you know what to do (your options) on how to react & survive?
- Are you aware of your surroundings?
- Do you have the mind-set to survive (the will to survive)?
- Do you know where these events can occur?
- Do you know the justification(s) of your actions as per OCGA 16-3-21?
- If needed, are you prepared to fight back and/are you prepared?
- Do you know what to do when law enforcement arrives?
- Do you know what your law enforcement and emergency services will accomplish?
Note: This presentation is a power-point, video, lecture and discussion driven event. Please direct any questions to City Hall, 706-864-6133.